The objective is to enable selected applicants to undertake initial Master's studies at conservatories or art schools affiliated with universities of applied sciences.
The Scholarship is only valid to pursue the initial master’s degree. The fine arts scholarships are granted at one of the above-mentioned universities of applied sciences in Switzerland. It is not valid for mixed programmes (part time in Switzerland and part time in another country).
Highly qualified young artists - from all artistic fields - wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree. These scholarships are only offered to citizens of countries with which Switzerland has reciprocity agreements for art scholarships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1983.
- Applicants should start their scholarship no later than three years after graduating with their Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the Master’s programme.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.