Swiss’ Experiences: Thriving and Surviving in Japan
- Library of the Embassy of Switzerland in Japan, 5-9-12 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8589 https://www.stofficetokyo.ch/about-us/stoffice/
- November 2016 – June 2017
Presentation & Discussion Series with Speakers from Switzerland
The S&T Office Tokyo at the Embassy of Switzerland in Japan, in collaboration with the Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan SCCIJ is organizing a presentation series, inviting Swiss speakers to talk and discuss their experiences in Japan. Please join us for interesting talks, discussions and networking; Participation is free, but registration is required! <PDF Invitation>
Please note that due to high-demand we would like to limit this series to people who have a (even loose) connection to Switzerland and can contribute to the discussion.
19:00 – 20:00: Presentation and Discussion; 20:00 – 21:00: Networking
- – March 23, 2017: Ms. Bettina Gnägi, Editorial Administrator, Edanz Group in Japan (registration now open)
- – February 15, 2017: Dr. Vroni Shiohara, Senior Producer, Global Division, Delphys Interactive Corporation (registration closed)
- – January 31, 2017: Dr. Aurelio Cortese, Postdoctoral researcher at ATR (registration closed)
- – January 12, 2017: Dr. Andres Müller, Engineer & PM at Nippon Koei Co, Ltd. (registration closed)
- – December 6, 2016: Mr. Markus Stierli, Founder and CEO of Vigience Ltd.
- – November 10, 2016: Prof. Dr. Daniel Citterio, Professor at Keio University (registration closed)
Please save the dates: Thursday, April 27; Wednesday, May 31; Thursday, June 29
Prof. Rolf Pfeifer’s Farewell Lecture
- Osaka University, Toyonaka Campus, Seminar Room J114, J Bldg., Faculty of Engineering
1-2 Machikaneyamacho, Toyonaka-shi, Osaka (06-6850-5026)
Friday, March 10, 2017, 16:00 – 17:00
Coping with the “Robot Hype”
– a view from Japan
Prof. Dr. Rolf Pfeifer, Prof. em. University of Zurich/ Specially Appointed Prof. at Osaka University/ Visiting Prof. at Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Further Information can be found on the flyer.
The presentation will be held in English.
Admission is free, but registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for registration: February 3, 2017
Swiss Medtech Pavilion at MEDTEC Japan 2017
- Tokyo Big Sight, Tokyo, Japan April 19-21, 2017
Join us at Asia’s most important medtech related Expo: MEDTEC Japan
Join the Swiss Medtech Pavilion at MEDTEC Japan, Asia’s largest trade-show dedicated to the design and manufacturing of medical devices. As co-exhibitor at the Swiss Medtech Pavilion, Swiss research institutes and young companies involved in the medtech field will have an excellent platform to present and promote their activities, disseminate up-to-date information, foster networking and establish new partnerships. It is ideal for gaining an overview of cutting-edge R&D activities, learning the latest technological trends, finding partners in Japan and Asia and accessing the growing opportunities in the medtech domain.