Job Purpose / Summary:
The GIS Analyst has responsibility for delivering technical support to assigned projects according to budget, programme and scope.
The primary focus will be to work on GIS models for site selection in Asian markets. The technologies under consideration are onshore wind, offshore wind, solar and biomass.
The GIS Analyst will report to the New Sites Manager and work closely with the Technical Manager. To be successful in a competitive market the TA will need to:
• Work on a diverse range of projects / technologies in different markets and locations.
• Work autonomously within the project team to ensure the quality and inline with budgets and timescales.
• Continuously strive to develop efficient working processes.
The responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• The creation of site selection models (SSMs) for the following technologies:
o Onshore Wind
o Offshore Wind
• SSM to be created for Japan, S. Korea, Philippines and Taiwan.
• The maintenance and management of the SSMs.
• Research and processing of GIS data for use in SSMs.
• Output potential sites for Phase 0 review.
• Work with external parties to source necessary data.
• Adhering to best practice for all the above technical assessments.
•Development process for renewables in Asian Markets.
•Basic renewable energy knowledge.
•Having worked in varying Asian markets and / or able to speak multiple languages.
•Experienced GIS (ESRI ArcMap, extensions such as spatial analyst) user
•Basic competence in Python/ R and VBA or other programming language
•Business English level
•Experience processing and analysing multiple data sets in GIS.
•Relevant experience of renewable energy technical analysis.
•On the job training to be provided as required
•Degree level qualification in GIS, Environmental Sciences, or any relevant qualification.
Please send your application in English to the below email address.