Calls from Switzerland
- Young Researchers’ Exchange Program between Japan and Switzerland
- Guidelines [pdf] & Application Form [doc]
Further information: http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-fellow-sp/index.html
The main purpose of the exchange program is to foster and facilitate the direct exchange between Japanese and Swiss research groups and to enable the mobility of young researchers such as PhD students. The program will fund research stays for a duration of 3-6 months and is open to all scientific fields including social sciences and humanities.
Calls: University Programs
- Massive Open Online Course: A Resilient Future – Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Further information: https://www.edx.org/course/resilient-future-science-technology-epflx-tech4drr#!
Discover how science and technology help us reduce disaster risk and increase resilience. This course aims to introduce participants to existing and emerging technologies suitable for disaster risk reduction while promoting the overall aim of sustainable development. The course focuses on three main natural hazards- floods, landslides and earthquakes. It also discusses the challenges and limits of adapting and adopting technologies depending on context (Global North and Global South) with examples from Switzerland, Nepal, Colombia, Philippines and other countries.
- Master of Advanced Studies in Intercultural Communications
- Further information: http://www.mic.usi.ch
The MAS in Intercultural Communication (MIC) is a part-time post-graduate program for professionals engaged in managing operational or strategic situations in a multicultural context and in managing multicultural human resources.
Deadline: Candidates are advised to apply as early as possible, at least two months before the beginning of the program.